THE ADVENTURE FILM MASTERCLASS [SOLD OUT]
On LOCATION: SAILING Desolation Sound, British Columbia
MAY 18-22 (5 Days)
Investment: SOLD OUT
(First two spots get 250$ off)
Limited Availability* (must be over 18)
THE FILMMAKERS PERFECT SAILING TRIP
That was the goal, when the plans were hatched for this workshop. How can we get a great crew of people together, and press into furthering the craft of filmmaking. I want to help you learn how to tell stories that actually move people, build a personal brand, and also run a successful business while doing it.
So on May 18, 2018 I will be leading an intensive Adventure Filmmaking Masterclass on board a sailing vessel, through the waters of Desolation Sound.
We will be onbaord the S.V. Porpoise, captained by the one and only Cap'n John. We will be exploring the stunning coastal waters of British Columbia
*There are only 5 spots available on this boat workshop.
This isn’t some sit back, cruise, it’s going to be a proper adventure on a sailboat.
EDUCATION YOU CAN ACTUALLY USE
My highest priority is to make this trip as valuable as possible for the aspiring filmmaker, and those who already have an advanced skillset. This trip is geared towards those who have a base level understanding at a minium of the process of putting together videos. A basic understanding of cameras and the editing process. With this as the foundation, we will be pressing in on how to make videos that actually move people. How can we make our dream productions happen and make work we are proud of.
My best experiences in the past 5 years for learning, have always occurred in person, when there is a hands on component, and we can really press in deeply. That is the philosophy and approach behind this trip.
This won't be your typical classroom, or your typical boring presentation. We are going to press into the real world approach that actually allows you to make meaningful stories.
We will have 5 days together and I want to unpack a lot.
- My system for developing and telling stories
- The 5 Keys for incredible Stories
- The business side of filmmaking
- Adventure Cinematography
- Gimbal movements and technique
- Lighting techniques in the field
- Building a Youtube Channel / online presence
But the beauty of it, is this trip will be small and intimate.
That means the attendants will have an active roll in shaping what content I actually end up finalizing for the workshop. For the attendants of the workshop, I will be asking you a series of questions before hand, that help shape the final content that makes it into the workshop.
The workshop starts at 6am on May 18th, and finishes the evening of the 22nd.
Please prepare your flights and travels accordingly. Fly in no later than the 17th, and leave no earlier than the 23rd.
Levi will be picking up the participants at a designated location near North Vancouver at roughly 6 am on the 18th.
We will then drive up the sunshine coast, take 2 ferries, and join Cap'n John and the Porpoise in Lund BC.
From there we will be traveling by boat each day, and finding new anchorages along the waters of Desolation Sound. We will be boarding the boat in Lund BC, as driving up the coast helps us get a head start at getting into the remote waters and islands. We will be searching for hikes, beautiful views, animal sightings and waterfalls to explore. There will also be Kayaks, and various other activities.
IT’S GOING TO BE A PROPER ADVENTURE
It’s going to be a balance of epic adventure, and also great times of pressing in, and going deep on learning filmmaking. We will be sailing with Cap’n John, a stand up dude, who I went sailing with in the summer, and we’ve been hatching plans together for this filmmakers trip ever since.
It is going to be an early spring trip however. Which in BC waters means the potential for some colder temperatures and coastal rain. We have no control over the elements and the sailing conditions, but we are going to have a blast either way.
- All food, accommodation, and transportation once you arrive in at the pick up location in Vancouver. (starting on the 18th around 6am - exact time to be confirmed)
- Bunk accommodation on S.V. Porpoise (due to the nature of this trip and this vessel, participants will have individual bunks in a communal space - no private accommodations are available).
- The Adventure Film Masterclass in Person Workshop
- Project Review Sessions, were current work can be critiqued
- Follow up group coaching calls afterwards, and at least 1 individual call.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
- Airfare Travel and personal health insurance to and from Vancouver
- Outdoor gear and personal effects, like rain jackets, coats, personal hygiene items.
WHAT TO BRING
- Full packing list will be emailed to trip participants
- Having a personal camera is great, but not required. We will have several cameras and pieces of equipment as part of the workshop, to mess around and play with.
First two participants get 250$ off. *Final payment is due by May 10th, 2018
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
This trip is coming up fast! But I still want to make sure we get the right people on board, and have a great experience for everyone involved. Don't stress much over the application, it's mainly a way to verify you are a real person and actually check if this workshop is right for you.
Please only fill out the form if you are actually interested in attending the trip.
THIS TRIP HAS BEEN SOLD OUT! STAY TUNED FOR FUTURE WORKSHOPS BY FOLLOWING ME ON INSTAGRAM AND TWITTER
I will be reviewing applicants across the coming days, and send out the earliest acceptence emails on Wednesday pm.